JOIN THE WINNING TEAM!
Full time – Senior Systems Engineer
Location: Remote – EU
Want to find out what’s next for you?
Ready to take that next step but unsure about making a move? We can help you.
Join our EEG world where we take it to a global level. Find out more about this great opportunity!
Esports Entertainment Group is looking for can-do attitude Senior Systems Engineer to improve the EEG’s Backoffice corporate IT systems and manage / deploy key initiatives set out by management.
The Senior Systems Engineer is driven by a motivation to maintain and improve the existing IT infrastructure, and understands the importance of knowledge sharing and documentation. The candidate works well under minimal supervision and is motivated when succeeding as a team.
Esports Entertainment Group is a globally licensed iGaming company catering to the next generation of online bettors worldwide. We are on the cutting edge of all things esports and are constantly pushing the boundaries of what is possible within the video-gaming industry. We’ve combined this expertise with a desire to create an entertainment experience second to none.
Our mission is to create unique enriching experiences that unite fans worldwide.
EEG is the first online gambling company to be trading on the American stock exchange, and is listed as a common stock on the NASDAQ under the symbol GMBL.
The Company maintains offices in Malta, London, Newcastle upon Tyne, New Jersey and Estonia with employees operating throughout 37 countries.
- Act as a Mentor/Trainer towards his peers and colleagues.
- Maintain and develop an Infrastructure supporting the EEG’s business requirements
- Maintain and develop documentation and knowledge sharing.
- Provides technical expertise to enable the correct application of operational procedures
- Contributes in architecting technical solutions to meet EEG’s dynamic business requirements
- Identifies operational problems and contributes to their resolution, checking that they are managed in accordance with agreed standards and procedures
- Administration and handling of EEG’s corporate infrastructure such as Azure AD and Google Workplace
- Uses standard procedures and tools to carry out defined system backups, restoring data where necessary
- Expected to contribute to the team development through training, IT tools development and by keeping abreast with all the technologies in operation
- Implements agreed maintenance routines
- Provides reports and proposals for improvement to specialists, users and managers
- Liaising between the various departments within EEG.
- 5+ years of experience with supporting SaaS infrastructure, systems administration, as well as hardware and software troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with operating systems, such as Windows, Linux and macOS.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Windows systems administration
- CompTIAA+ or Network+ certification may be advantageous.
- Azure, Office365 and Google Workplace certifications are desirable.
- Experience with consolidating tenants and migrations are preferred.
- Sound scripting skills
- Good knowledge of networking protocols, such as TCP, IP, and OSI models.
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills.
- Experience with PowerShell
- Experience with system performance monitoring & fine-tuning
- Experience with back up technologies
- Proven technical experience and a solid foundation in operating systems
- Strong work ethic and have a natural tendency to take ownership of incidents & requests
- Good team communication skills, with technical and non-technical colleagues
- Experience writing detailed and clear procedures and documentations that are easy to follow
- Strong problem solving skills, innovation, collaboration, analysis
Would be considered an asset
- ITIL certification or working knowledge
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience with AWS
What we offer at this great place to work
- Attractive remuneration
- State of the art technology and equipment
- Regular team and company events
- Stability – excellent reputation for quality work
- Refer a friend program
- Great work-life balance – flexible working arrangement
- Ongoing training and advancement opportunities – life coaching offered among others
- Birthday Leave
- Awesome offices providing weekly breakfast (applicable to non-remote employees)